Vision: Our pupils will be passionate and lifelong learners of the Mother Tongue Language
Mission: To create an environment where pupils will learn and apply the Mother Tongue Language effectively and confidently
Bingualism being the cornerstone of our education system, the Mother Tongue Languages (MTL) department aligns our curricular goals with the national curriculum and strives to engage our pupils in joyful learning and enable them to communicate effectively and confidently in MTL and have a deeper appreciation of their cultural heritage.
To better engage our pupils, we create opportunities for them to learn and apply the various language skills (listening, speaking, reading, writing, as well as spoken and written interaction) in authentic situations within and beyond the classroom. MTL lessons are also infused with Curriculum Integration (CI) and e-Pedagogy to make the learning of MTL more interesting.
- Reading Programme
- Mother Tongue Support Programme (MTSP) [for Primary 3 & 4]
- Higher Mother Tongue [for selected pupils in Primary 4, 5 & 6]
- Festive Celebrations [Chinese New Year, Hari Raya & Deepavali]
- MTL Fortnight
- Cultural Performance Exposure Scheme (CPES)
- Conversational Chinese & Malay (CCM) Programme